Summer in Nashville brings to mind lazy days, ice cream treats, pools and water play, summer reading lists, camps — both day and overnight, fishing, and some truly fantastic farmers markets. Nashville (and the surrounding areas) also offer some really incredible summer kid movies — fun for the whole family! We’re back with our 2017 round up of all those fun (and inexpensive!) opportunities to catch a flick with your little ones.
Locations: Regal Green Hills Stadium 16 (Nashville), Regal Opry Mills Stadium 20 IMAX & RPX (Nashville), Regal Providence Stadium 14 (Mt. Juliet), Regal Streets of Indian Lake Stadium 16 & IMAX (Hendersonville)
$1 movies start at 10am on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, all are rated G or PG; Kids’ Reel Deal (popcorn, drink, and fruit snack) available for $5 more
- Week 1, June 6 & 7 — Kung Fu Panda 3; Ice Age: Collision Course (both movies play on both days)
- Week 2, June 13 & 14 — Trolls; Alvin and the Chipmunks: Shipwrecked (both movies play on both days)
- Week 3, June 20 & 21 — Monster Trucks; Penguins of Madagascar (both movies play on both days)
- Week 4, June 27 & 28 — Rio 2; The Box Trolls (both movies play on both days)
- Week 5, July 4 & 5 — The Secret Life of Pets; Sing (both movies play on both days)
- Week 6, July 11 & 12 — Kubo and the Two Strings; Ratchet and Clank (both movies play on both days)
- Week 7, July 18 & 19 — The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie: Sponge Out of Water; The Adventures of Tin Tin (both movies play on both days)
- Week 8, July 25 & 26 — Happy Feet 2; Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (both movies play on both days)
- Week 9, August 1 & 2 — Storks; The Lego Batman Movie (both movies play on both days)
Locations: Bellevue 8 (Nashville)
Movies start at 10am on Mondays; $4 admission includes movie, a small drink (Coca-cola product), and a small popcorn
- Week 1, June 5 — Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax
- Week 2, June 12 — Trolls
- Week 3, June 19 — The Secret Life of Pets
- Week 4, June 26 — How to Train Your Dragon
- Week 5, July 3 — Pup Star
- Weeks 6-10, TBA
Location: 3777 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
FREE for members; Non-Members admission included with day-of admission (OR $6 per person if entering after 6pm) Inflatables, DJ and games on Festival Field — face painting, crafts and *concessions; *Carousel open; Feel free to bring your own picnic! (No alcohol, please.) 6pm-10pm; movie begins at sunset.
*additional fees apply
In the case of inclement weather, please check the Zoo’s Facebook page for up-to-date information. Weather-influenced cancellations will be made by 4:30pm on the day-of the event.
**Please note that Zoo animal trails will close at 6 pm and guests must stay in Festival Field area after Zoo closing time.
- May 26: Paddington
- June 23: Shrek
- Sept. 1: Zootopia
Location: Elmington Park (3531 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37205)
FREE on Thursdays in June (2, 9, 16, & 23 — with a reserved rain date on June 29) from 5-10pm; look out for food trucks and vendors, games and giveaways, or bring a picnic to enjoy (no alcohol, please); movie starts at sundown (usually around 8pm)
- June 1 – Space Jam
- June 8 – Finding Nemo
- June 15 – Pitch Perfect 2
- June 22 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Location: Pinkerton Park, 405 Murfreesboro Rd, Franklin, TN 37064
FREE on Fridays April 28, June 9, & June 23; starts at 8pm (sunset)
- Movie Schedule TBA
Location: various branches—check the web site!
FREE! Some branches provide snacks and drinks. Often bringing your own snacks is welcome.
Schedule: Check your local branch, but we’ve seen some of these great movies scheduled for the summer: Minions, Inside Out, Freaky Friday (the old school one!), Frozen, The Reluctant Dragon, and many more!