Summers are made for memories. To help get you on your way, we’ve put together more than 100 ideas for your summer bucket list. Check off as many as you can—or add your own! Either way, get out there and make some beautiful memories.
Hang at Home
- Roast Marshmallows for s’mores
- Catch fireflies
- Plant a garden together
- Watch a thunderstorm from your porch or window
- Camp in your yard
- Build an obstacle course and compete!
- Have a picnic in the yard
- Host supper club
- Have game night for parents & kids
- Here are some ideas for indoor fun
- Have a hula hoop contest
- Dance party!
- Tie-dye t-shirts
Beat the harsh Tennessee heat with these ideas for staying cool.
- Play in the rain—or even better, in the puddles—after it’s rained
- Have a water gun fight
- Break out the sprinkler and run through it
- Check out one of Nashville’s awesome splash pads, pools or swimming holes and waterfalls
Go Out for a Cold Treat
There is nothing more nostalgic than going out for ice cream as a family!
- Check out these 9 places for cool treats.
- For extra fun put the kids in bed—then run in and tell them it’s time to get in the car and go get ice cream in their PJ’s!
- Another option is to make your own popsicles!
The Big Screen
- Check out Regal’s 2016 Movie Express Calendar and see $1 movies all summer!
- Host an outdoor movie night
- See a drive-in movie at The Starlight
- Movies in the Park are always a good time
- Grassy Knoll Movie Nights are fun for the whole family
- Zoovie Nights at the Nashville Zoo
Festivals & Concerts
- Musicians Corner in Centennial Park
- Full Moon Picking Parties
- Dragon Music Sundays
- Thunder on the Cumberland
- Nashville Jazz & Blues Fest
- Celebrate 4th of July downtown with the most AMAZING fireworks
- Tomato Arts Festival
- Thursday night family nights at Cheekwood
- Go Fishing
- Try a new Nashville park every week
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Explore one of Nashville’s many bike trails
- Pick berries at one of Nashville’s many berry farms
- Participate in a family 5K
- Go on a picnic at Cheekwood!
- Friday Night Markets — The 3rd Friday of every month at the Nashville Farmers Market
- Take in a game with the Nashville Sounds
- Zooooofari Slumber — a sleepover at the Nashville Zoo. Does it get better than that?
- Go to Story Time at the library (most branches have one weekly, and one’s at the Main Downtown Branch are not to be missed!)
- Geotracking — check it out!
- Pack a cooler of water, and hand it out to those in need
Looking for a quick getaway? Check out these day trips from Nashville.
Indoor Summer Fun
These indoor play places will be sure to bring a smile to your little ones faces!