Can you believe that its May?! And this weekend brings a celebration for all of us who are taco, enchilada, salsa, and margarita lovers — Cinco de Mayo! Cinco De Mayo is a celebration of the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire. Now, 156 years later, it’s become more of a celebration of Mexican culture in the US.
Its important to teach our children to celebrate other cultures and appreciate how they help mold us as a country.
Check out our list of Nashville spots where you can celebrate Cinco De Mayo. Please note that many of these events/specials are not kid friendly — but would make a fantastic date night.
For those who decide to celebrate at home, we’ve included some at home ideas for a family celebration.
Cinco De Mayo Celebrations In Nashville!
Mas Tacos Por Favor
Time: 10 am – 9 pm lunch or dinner
Music, food, and drinks with giveaways and a piñata celebration
Sylvan Park and East Nashville
Time: 11 am – 10 pm
Mill Creek Brewing Co and Chago’s Cantina
Time: 12 pm – 9 pm
Cinco de Mayo at the Taproom
Bar Louie Nashville
$3.50 Dos Equis. $5.50 Margaritas, $5.50 Sauza Blue Tequila Shots
Time: 11 am – 5 pm
Margarita and beer features along with cabanas and yard games. (21+ over)
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo In Your Casa!
- Piñata Craft for Kids from Kindergarten Nation
- Make a Paper Plate Sombreo from Kid Friendly Things To Do
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans from Favorite Family Recipes
- Mexican Rice from Macaroni and Cheesecake
- Easy Homemade Guacamole from Pretty Providence
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas from Real Housemoms
- Mexican Street Corn Salad from Garnished Plate
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from South Your Mouth