Did you know that September is National Chicken Month?! So when you’re not feeling up to leaving the house and taking the kiddos to Chick-fil-A (although I’m pretty sure there’s never a time I’d pass up a trip to that delicious place!), here are three easy chicken recipes to make your family this month.
This is one of my most favorite chicken recipes EVER! It’s fast, easy, and delicious.
- Chicken breasts
- Jar of salsa
- Can of black beans and/or corn (optional)
- In a slow cooker, place desired amount of chicken breast (thawed or frozen—doesn’t matter).
- Pour a jar of salsa over the chicken.
- Add 2-3 cups of water — enough to cover the chicken with the salsa-water liquid.
- Add a can of black beans and/or corn if that sounds tasty.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken easily pulls apart with a fork.
I use this recipe to make chicken tacos, burritos, or nachos. I like to make enough chicken to have left-overs and then make chicken enchiladas for another day. Which leads me to my next recipe . . .
Using the leftover chicken from the salsa chicken recipe above, you can whip up a batch of tasty chicken enchiladas in no time!
- Salsa chicken
- Cream cheese
- Enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Combine the leftover salsa chicken with a block of softened cream cheese.
- Spoon the chicken and cream cheese mixture into tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them seam down into a greased dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes — until the enchilada mixture is heated through and the cheese on the top is melty.
So tasty and juicy — and simple!!
- Chicken breast cut into tenders size
- All purpose baking mix
- Nature’s Season (or a similar spice alternative)
- Heat over to 425°. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a baking dish in the oven.
- Stir together 1 cup baking mix and and 1-2 tablespoons seasoning.
- Coat chicken tenders with the mix and place in buttered dish. (The dish and butter should be hot.)
- Bake 35 minutes, then flip the chicken. Bake not 10-15 minutes or until center in no longer pink.