Kindergarten registration in Nashville begins on April 4, 2016. Nashville families have can enroll their five-year-old children in Metro Nashville Public Schools during this kindergarten enrollment period. We know that it can be confusing and overwhelming to wade through all the information and steps involved, so we’re partnering with MNPS to walk you through the process. Kindergarten registration in Nashville doesn’t have to be scary—for you or your child!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The process is actually very simple—thanks to the district’s 12 enrollment centers. Families can visit any enrollment center to fill out all the necessary forms and to complete the necessary steps to for kindergarten registration in Nashville.
Requirements for kindergarten eligibility:
- Students must turn five years old on or before August 15, 2016
- Students must be immunized according to the requirements in state law*
- Parents must bring the following paperwork and documentation:
- Record of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, Visa, I-94, etc.)
- Immunization (vaccination record) on a Tennessee Certificate of Immunization Form
- Physical examination (within one  year of the beginning of school)
- Photo identification for the parent or guardian
- Examples of acceptable photo IDs: Driver’s License, State-issued ID, Passport, Military ID
- Proof of residency (current utility bill, lease, etc.)
*If your child is already 5 (or will be by the cut off) but won’t have his or her physical in time for registration, you can still enroll with all your other info and bring the proof of physical and immunization record directly to the school.
Families new to Metro Schools who applied through the Optional Schools Application still need to complete the enrollment process.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FLYER
KINDERGARTEN READINESS FLYER
KINDERGARTEN READINESS GUIDE
All families preparing to enter school for the first time have questions before entering. What should I expect at my new school? What kinds of things will my child do on a daily basis? Is my child ready for this big step?
This is why Metro Schools educators release Welcome to Kindergarten: A Guide for Parents every year!
This booklet explains it all:
- What to expect from teachers
- What to expect during a typical school day
- What to know if your child is riding the bus
- Everything parents and children need to do between now and the first day of school
- Answers to the biggest parent questions, such as “What attire can my child wear to school?”
- Suggested books to read to your child
ENROLLMENT CENTER LOCATIONS AND HOURS
Enrollment centers are open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, year-round.
|Antioch HS, 1900 Hobson Pike, Antioch 37013
Cane Ridge HS, 12848 Old Hickory Blvd., Antioch 37013
Glencliff HS, 160 Antioch Pike, Nashville 37211
Hillsboro, 3812 Hillsboro Road, Nashville 37215
Hillwood, 400 Davidson Road, Nashville 37205
Hunters Lane, 1150 Hunters Lane, Nashville 37207
|Maplewood, 401 Walton Lane, Nashville 37216
McGavock HS, 3150 McGavock Pk., Nashville 37214
Overton, 4820 Franklin Road, Nashville 37220
McKissack Middle Prep, 915 38th Ave. North, 37209
Stratford, 1800 Stratford Avenue, Nashville 37216
Whites Creek, 7277 Old Hickory Blvd, Whites Creek 37189