Its that time of year again — when the plastic on our credit cards begins to look a little worn and we begin entering our personal identification numbers into imaginary keyboards in our dreams. One of my favorite things about Christmas? Attending all the local to Nashville craft fairs and holiday markets! It’s so fun to grab a girlfriend and go admire the talents of others.
Additionally, I really love giving handmade and unique gifts. It adds a personal touch when you gift something that cannot be found in a department store. Need another reason to shop small? Your purchase provides an opportunity for a local craftsperson to give his or her family a wonderful Christmas as well. It never hurts to give the economy a little boost, right? When shopping small, you also have the potential to get a little more for your money — especially when it comes to packaging and quality.
Below you’ll find a super-useful list of some of the Nashville craft fairs and holiday markets:
- 17-18: Made South Holiday Market – The Factory, Franklin: Tickets- $10 – $39.
- 19: Good Makers Market – Nashville Entrepreneur Center: Tickets – FREE.
- 18-19: Centennial Holiday Craft Show – Centennial High School, Franklin: Tickets – $5-$6.
- 24-26- Nashville Holiday Flea Market – The Fairgrounds, Nashville: Tickets – FREE.
- 25: 2nd Annual Handmade Nashville Holiday Market – Red Caboose Park, Nashville: Tickets – FREE.
- 25: Holiday Village – Homestead Manor, Thompson Station: Tickets: FREE.
- 1-3: Vintage Market Days of Nashville Proper – The Fairgrounds, Nashville: Tickets – $10-$5.
- 9: Porter Flea Holiday Market – The Fairgrounds Nashville: Tickets – FREE-$25.
- 9-10: Dickens of a Christmas – Historic Downtown Franklin: Tickets – FREE.
- 16: Stocking Stuffer Holiday Market – Nashville Farmers Market: Tickets – FREE.
Please keep in mind that parking may not be free at these events.