Summer in Nashville brings to mind lazy days, ice cream treats, pools and water play, summer reading lists, camps — both day and overnight, fishing, and some truly fantastic farmers markets. Our greater Nashville area offers some truly incredible summer kids movies — fun for the whole family! We’re back with this year’s round up of all those fun (and inexpensive!) opportunities to catch a flick with your littles.
Locations: Regal Hollywood Stadium 27 & RPX (Nashville), Regal Opry Mills Stadium 20 IMAX & RPX (Nashville), Regal Providence Stadium 14 (Mt. Juliet), Regal Streets of Indian Lake Stadium 16 & IMAX (Hendersonville)
$1 movies start at 10am on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, all are rated G or PG; Kids’ Reel Deal (popcorn, drink, and fruit snack) available for $5 more
- Week 1, June 5 & 6 — Iron Giant; Curious George (both movies play on both days)
- Week 2, June 12 & 13 — Despicable Me; Ice Age: Collision Course (both movies play on both days)
- Week 3, June 19 & 20 — Storks; Mr. Peabody and Sherman (both movies play on both days)
- Week 4, June 26 & 27 — Despicable Me 2; How to Train Your Dragon 2 (both movies play on both days)
- Week 5, July 3 & 4 — The Lego Movie; Alvin and the Chipmunks (both movies play on both days)
- Week 6, July 10 & 11 — Sing; The Peanuts Movie (both movies play on both days)
- Week 7, July 17 & 18 — The LEGO Ninjago Movie; Ferdinand (both movies play on both days)
- Week 8, July 24 & 25 — The Secret Life of Pets; Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (both movies play on both days)
- Week 9, July 31 & August 1 — The Lego Batman Movie; Trolls (both movies play on both days)
Location: 3777 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
FREE for members; Non-Members admission included with day-of admission (OR $6 per person if entering after 6pm) Inflatables, DJ and games on Festival Field — face painting, crafts and *concessions; *Carousel and zipline open; Feel free to bring your own picnic! (No alcohol, please.) 6pm-10pm; movie begins at sunset.
*additional fees apply
In the case of inclement weather, please check the Zoo’s Facebook page for up-to-date information. Weather-influenced cancellations will be made by 4:30pm on the day-of the event.
**Please note that Zoo animal trails will close at 6 pm and guests must stay in Festival Field area after Zoo closing time.
- May 25: Moana
- August 31: Zootopia
Location: Elmington Park (3531 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37205)
FREE on Thursdays in June (2, 9, 16, & 23 — with a reserved rain date on June 29) from 5-10pm; look out for food trucks and vendors, games and giveaways, or bring a picnic to enjoy (no alcohol, please); movie starts at sundown (usually around 8pm)
- May 31 – CoCo
- June 7 – Wonder Woman
- June 14 – Legally Blonde
- June 21 – The Greatest Showman
Location: Pinkerton Park, 405 Murfreesboro Rd, Franklin, TN 37064
FREE on Fridays; starts at 8pm (sunset); concessions items will be available for purchase. Check their Facebook page (City of Franklin, TN) for updates.
- April 27 – CoCo
- June 22 – The LEGO Ninjago Movie
- July 13 – Descendants 2
- August 10 – Justice League
Location: various branches—check the web site!
FREE! Some branches provide snacks and drinks. Often bringing your own snacks is welcome.
Schedule: Check your local branch, but we’ve seen some of these great movies scheduled for the summer: Minions, Inside Out, Freaky Friday (the old school one!), Frozen, The Reluctant Dragon, and many more!