He’s back…I know some mamas are cringing right now at the thought of having to wake up and move that darn elf. But guess what, the Christmas season is upon us and the Elf on the Shelf is about to be on the move again.
Through the process of moving our elf each night, I realized that I’m participating in one of the most important practices of the Christmas season, giving. I am giving a little bit of time each night (2-20 minutes) to create something special for our elf to do. This senseless elf tradition has become a huge reminder of how magical the Christmas season truly is.
Our elf, Figg, is not a mischievous elf, he doesn’t do mean or vulgar things. He simply spreads Christmas cheer all around our home. I also like to use the elf to remind my children of the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus.
I have put together a list of 24 Elf on the Shelf ideas for your family. I like to start on December 1st and the elf flies back to the North Pole on December 24th. Most of these ideas just require a little imagination, some common household materials, and printer with paper.
Elf on the shelf ideas
1. A letter from Santa
2. Elf makes a sprinkle angel
3. Elf brings a gingerbread house kit
4. Elf builds Olaf out of toilet paper (Google search for a picture of Olaf and cut it out)
5. Suntanning elf (glasses and sun are clipart)
6. Swing from toilet paper roll
7. Elf gets locked outside
8. Harry Potter elf riding a paint brush
9. Jurassic World elf
10. Elf wrapped the tree in toilet paper
11. Poinsettia elf
12. Elf reading a book to friends
13. Elf assembled the manger
14. Cooking sprinkles for breakfast
15. Elf writes a candy message
16. Elf gone fishing
17. Elf in jail
18. Elf in a “snow globe.” Made using a glass bowl and cotton balls.
19. Elf makes snowflakes
20. Elf in a rocket
21. Elf riding a reindeer
22. Elf kissing booth with Hershey kisses
23. Elf zip lining
24. Elf taking off in hot air balloon back to the North Pole
I hope these easy Elf on the Shelf ideas make this Christmas season a little easier on you mama. Many of the printables can be found on Pinterest.